Sunday, July 19, 2009

Family

So I am just realising that it has been a LONG time since my last post.... how time gets away. In that time, I have been blessed to have my family here..... family- comes in many forms.
For starters, I had a visit from my Aunt Aggie and Uncle Craig, along with my cousins Chandra and Beth. They were all here for the first two weeks of June. During that time, we not only got to see the sites of Brisbane, and have them at my church, we also went on a road trip to the Outback and then came back along the coast and spent a day on the Great Barrier Reef. What fun that was, but most of all, it was the time spent with people that I love. My aunt and uncle returned to America after 2 weeks but my cousins stayed on for an additional 4 weeks. How lucky am I? We had the best time together.. many times of laughter and just getting to know each other better. Chandra and Beth, you are both such a blessing to me- glad that you are MY family.

The last two weeks that they were here, we were joined by the GO! Team from Knott Ave. Christian Church.. this was the 7th year that a team has come over (I was on the first team). Again, there are people that were a part of that team that are family- maybe not 'blood relatives' but they are family. I got to have my little sis, KC stay here at my house. What fun was that... and Sarah, you know you are my sis now! Robert (and Liz) are family... and I love you all so much. And as I got to know other members of the team, they too have become family to me....

But the exciting part about my 'family' coming here, is that they were able to meet and get to know the family that God has blessed me with here. Tim & Kyle, Des & Lena, Jon & DJ, Carlos, Harry, Wayne & Regina, Annette & Prince, and so many more-you are my family.

What is it that bring us all together? It is the common bond of Christ- that we are ALL God's children.... therefore we ARE family. It does not matter where you live, near or far, we are all family. I am blessed!!!

1 comment:

Robert and Liz Crews said...

Daun, we love you very much!!! Our hearts and prayers are there with you...