Saturday, January 24, 2009

Casting Crowns


Last night I had the privilege of going to the Casting Crowns concert. I have enjoyed their music for a while now- the lyrics to their songs are just so powerful.... but there is nothing like hearing a band live and hearing the stories that have inspired the songs. Not only does is bring new meaning to the song, it does something to really make you think.

One of the highlights for me was finding out that they are STILL not only a worship band at their home church, but they are youth leaders as well. In fact Mark Hall, the lead singer, was talking about his students and how that ministry is much more important to him than 'this band thing'. It was a wonderful night of worshipping the Lord, and not just simply listening to a band. They took the focus right off of themselves and put it right where it belongs- on Christ. It was an amazing night of ministry. If you ever get the chance to see them, I recommend it, but until then, if you have not heard their songs, I encourage you to get a hold of them. I guarantee they will speak to you.

No comments: