Sunday, August 10, 2008

Just lean into HIM

'Just lean into Him'. These are words that I heard spoken tonight. I went with some friends to Brisbane City Church tonight to hear Reggie Dabbs, an American, speak. He is an amazing man of God, and has a powerful ministry.. more on that in a moment. But it was not Reggie that spoke those words. What I did not know is that not only did we get to hear Reggie speak, but Darlene Zschech was actually there leading worship. (She is the one from Hillsong.. you know, "Shout to the Lord"). How amazing it was, she is so passionate about God and in her worship to Him. She was sharing the story behind one of the verses in a song that we were singing, and encouraged us, that in those times that we 'walk through the valley of the shadow of death' that God is there and He is safe.. Just lean into Him, and you will feel Him. Those words got to me.. really got to me. God never said that living life for Him was going to be easy, but that we WILL face trials, but in those times, if we trust in Him, we will grow stronger. I will hold on to the vision of Darlene leaning in.. I must lean into God.
So, Reggie Dabbs... he is from Florida, but I had never heard of him until coming to Australia. He has a wonderful ministry to young people, in the State highs schools. This week alone he will be speaking to over 120,000 youth around the state of Queensland. So what makes Reggie so special? He would say he is not, in fact he shares that he was conceived because his mom had sex with a man for $20. Yes, she was a prostitute. He was raised in foster care by a great family and found the Lord. It is God that has taken him and used him.. simply because he opened himself up to be used. Please pray for Reggie as he speaks to all of those youth this week... just last night 250 teens gave their lives to the Lord at a service he spoke at. If you would like to read more of his story, check it out at reggiedabbsonline.com/story.php
Anyhow, it was another wonderful night and I hope that I will always remember to 'Lean into God'. I hope you do too.

No comments: