Friday, August 8, 2008

Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics


So tonight I got to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics. It was not only exciting to see the spectacular show, but Sue and I sat and watched with LuLu, who is from China. For those that don't know, LuLu lives here with the Pennells as well. It was so amazing to have her sit there and not only translate for us, but she explained so many things that were not spoken of by the Australian commentators. China is so rich in history, it was very special to sit and learn from her as we watched.

I am not sure when they will air in the States, but I encourage you all to watch them.... they are still on now, with the athletes coming in... but it is late so we are taping them. I will finish watching that part in the morning.

This is my second 'summer' Olympics here in Australia (although it is winter here now). It is interesting to watch from another country.. of course I see mostly the Aussie's, but when I hear the National Anthem of the USA, I smile... sometimes I feel as though I should be standing...

I will say, when it comes to men's field hockey, I will be cheering for Australia, as we know one of the players. Should you happen to watch, look for Matt Wells and cheer him on. He was the Foreman of the crew that remodeled our kitchen last year.

Anyhow, here is getting into the Olympic Spirit, but remembering to pray for the many Christians in China that are still persecuted today.

1 comment:

bobby said...

Men? Playing field hockey? Now that's just embarrassing. Sorry. ;)

But how did they do? Did they win?