Wednesday, August 27, 2008

'Stop and Smell the Flowers'





So, it's been awhile since I have written anything, so I thought I'd share about a walk that I went on this past Sunday with Brianna (she is 11 and I live with her family). We just walked down to the park down the road from our house... it was a beautiful, sunny (finally) day and so we thought we should enjoy it. So why would any of you care about this, well maybe you won't but I want to share that God uses times like these to speak to us. First of all, this is a park that I drive past nearly every time I go anywhere, and I have never taken time to walk through it. I love Australia for reasons like this.. here I am just 15 minutes from the City, aka downtown, and here there is this most amazing park... full of so many different kinds of flowers, a creek and some great birds. I have attached some pictures so that maybe you too can appreciate it.

OK, I will get to my point... I guess in a society that is so fast paced we rarely take time out to simply enjoy the things that God has created for our enjoyment. I was reminded of the value of just taking time out. It brought a whole new meaning to the phrase 'Stop and smell the roses". So, they weren't roses that we saw, but we did stop and look at every type of flower, looked at the detail and took pictures of each one. We spent 2 hours just enjoying God's creation. And to think, I was so tired when I got home from church and almost did not go. I am so glad that I did.

If you take nothing else from this, I hope you are encouraged to 'stop and smell the flowers'!

No comments: